Today is the Third Friday of May, which means it’s National Pizza Party Day! Here at Rubino Estates, we are always ready to get excited about good food, especially delicious Italian classics like pizza. In the spirit of celebration, we’ve found recipes for 8 different creative pizza combinations to pair with a few of our favorite Estate wines. Artisan pizza and fine wine truly is a cause for a party!
With White Wine or Rosé:
With Red Wine:
If you've picked your favorite pizza, don't forget to stock up on wines (after all, what's a party without it?) All of the wines featured in this blog are avalable in our mixed case sale. Chose from a selection of mixed white wines or mixed red wines, or take one of each!
The flowers are blooming with zeal while puffy white clouds lazily drift across the blue skies of the Livermore Valley, and we are savoring this steady transition from spring to summer. To celebrate this sunny season, we have crafted a dessert that we hope will remind you of a few of your favorite things. With the ripe stone fruit of summer, the fresh zing of lemon zest and floral flourishes of elderflower, this pie is a dish of ethereal pleasure.
Apple & Stone Fruit Sunshine Pie
- 4 apples, your variety of choice (we like honeycrisp)
- 4 small or 2 large white peaches
- 3 apricots, pitted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 meyer lemon
- 2 tablespoons elderflower liqueur (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons flour or ⅓ cup ground instant tapioca
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Your favorite double pie crust (store bought is fine)
- To begin, prepare the fruit. Peel the apples and peaches with a paring knife, core the apples and pit the peaches and apricots. Cut the apples in half and thinly slice into half-moon shapes. Slice the apricots and peaches in slightly larger pieces.
- Zest and juice the lemon into a large bowl, then add the elderflower liqueur, the spices (cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg), and salt. Give it a quick stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the sliced fruit to the mixture, gently coating the fruit. Add the brown sugar and continue to coat until distributed.
- Allow this mixture to macerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Once ready to cook, preheat oven to 425˚F.
- To thicken the filling, add the tapioca or flour to the filling mixture and microwave for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Roll out the bottom pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan and pour filling into the unbaked shell. Add the top crust, slice a small vent in the center and pinch around the sides to seal. Feel free to lattice the top or crimp the edges if desired.
- Place the pie in the center of the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350˚F and continue baking for 40-50 minutes, until the pie is golden and the fruit is slowly bubbling. We recommend covering the edges of your pie with aluminum foil for the last 20 minutes of baking to ensure the crust does not get too dark.
- Allow the pie to cool then dig in!
Pair this pie with whatever wine you please! We recommend enjoying the feisty fruity flavors of this lightly sweetened pie with our lovely Fume Blanc. There’s nothing better than just sipping on a wine you love, with a dish you’ve made, and people you enjoy. Cheers to that!
In honor of Mother’s Day, we have rounded up recipes for moms of all kinds. Whether you’re aiming for breakfast in bed, a brunch spread, a pretty picnic, or getting help from little ones, there’s a recipe ready for you! Make this mother’s day one to remember.
This comforting dish can be prepped ahead of time and then served right out of the oven, hot and fresh! It’s perfect for busy families and breakfast lovers alike.
These protein-packed breakfast “cups” are creative and delicious. If you like a savory breakfast with minimal cleanup, then it’s time to grab your muffin tin and get started!
Arguably one of the most classic breakfast foods, this recipe elevates the humble pancake with a hearty serving of nuts and a healthy dose of agave syrup.
For anyone looking to make something new, these pies are a fresh take on a savory and flavorful breakfast, all baked into a simple homemade crust.
Especially good for our plant-based or health-conscious families, this nutritious muesli comes together in a breeze and can be made ahead of time to simplify your day!
Can you imagine biting into a freshly baked, lightly sweet, and perfectly toasted crumpet? Add a little butter and we’re head over heels! These are surprisingly easy, so why not give it a try?
An especially gorgeous option for our active and health-conscious moms, we think this smoothie is best served next to a bouquet of flowers.
Since we love to feature Italian elements in our cuisine, we are enchanted by this colorful take on French Toast, using the festive flavors of Panettone.
This recipe is a perfect way to make something quick with thought and care! If you have little ones who may want to help, this is a great recipe to get them involved!
The Rubino Estates Famiglia maintains a healthy appreciation for pizza of all kinds, so we’re very excited to make it in breakfast form!