Spaghetti & Meatballs with Petite Sirah
Now that it's October, we firmly believe that it is the perfect time to pull out all of our favorite comfort food recipes. From rich stew to pumpkin pie, we're ready for the cuisine of autumn. This week, we are using this as an excuse to take advantage of our new Wine of the Month and cook up our favorite slow cooker Petite Sirah Meatballs. Full of flavor and lots of love, these meatballs are easy and so delicious you'll need another helping. Buon appetito!
Rubino Estates Slow Cooker Meatballs
- For the Meatballs
- 1 lb ground wagyu beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried fennel
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch red pepper flake
- For the Sauce:
- 24 ounces of preferred red pasta sauce (yes, store bought is fine!)
- ½ cup Rubino Estates Riserva Petite Sirah
- 2 whole bay leaves
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients for the meatballs, making sure to completely incorporate each ingredient. We recommend using your hands, and washing thoroughly afterward.
- Add the sauce, Petite Sirah, and bay leaves to a large slow cooker set to low and stir.
- Using your hands or a scoop, shape the meat into uniform meatballs and place them into the sauce.
- When all of the meatballs have been placed into the sauce mixture, cover and let cook on low for 6-8 hours. If you're in a hurry, cook on high for 4 hours.
(click here for a downloadable recipe card!)
We like to serve these with spaghetti because we appreciate a classic! Top with a hearty helping of fresh parmesan and fresh cracked black pepper, and your dish will shine.
If you're as hungry as we are now, then it's probably time to take advantage of the
wine of the month sale for yourself! Our Riserva Petite Sirah is worth it.