Slow-Roasted Pork Shoulder for Landmark Barbera
This week, we welcomed a new arrival to the tasting room: the 2016 vintage of our Landmark Barbera. When it comes to our Landmark collection, we've never met a bottle we didn't like. We're excited to share yet another superb vintage of this Barbera with our patrons and members. It is rich and velvety, boasting red fruit notes and a luxuriously long finish—sure to delight. Enjoy a taste from a wine flight here at the tasting room, or just open up a bottle! This wine is also sure to age well if you'd like to save it for a rainy day.
To acclaim the arrival of this new vintage, we're roasting up a savory pork shoulder in a Mediterranean style. The complimentary flavor profiles make for a delicious meal and a lovely evening. As a little bonus, our recipe calls for a dry white wine, which means plenty leftover to sip while we cook!
Greek-Style Slow-Roasted Pork
- 30 oz Pork Shoulder
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 12 Oregano Sprigs
- 12 Thyme Sprigs
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine, such as Trebbiano
- 1 oz Shallots
- 3 oz Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 oz Baby Carrots
- 2 Lemons
- 1 cup Black Olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the roast by trimming off excess skin. Place the meat in a large roasting pan.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt, then cut small slits over the surface of the pork using a small, sharp knife.
- Place oregano and thyme sprigs, slices of garlic in each slit, tucking them in carefully.
- Combine stock and wine. Drizzle the mixture around the pork and cover the roasting pan with foil.
- Bring to a boil and roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the foil and spoon the juices from the pan over the pork. Arrange the onions, potatoes, carrots, slices of lemon and olives around the roast.
- Roast for another 30 mins.
- Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve with gravy and a bottle of 2016 Landmark Collection Barbera.
If we've inspired you, we'd love to know. Make sure to tag us on social media @rubinoestates with your favorite meals to pair!