Make Your Own Pizza Night
This week we just released a new offer for our Cal-Ital 6-pack. In honor of the Italian heritage of Rubino Estates, we thought it would be great to offer a collection of wine that featured the Italian varietals that we love, and that gives you the opportunity to taste through our portfolio of wines in a new way. One of our favorite foods to pair with the red wines in this collection is pizza — and who doesn't love pizza?! So this week we're sharing an easy recipe for crust along with some of our favorite toppings.
Let us know which one you make this weekend and which wine you're drinking. As always, you can tag us on social at @rubinoestates!
Quick and Easy Pizza Dough
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt, and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving. (via allrecipes.com)
- Marinara Sauce + Buffalo Mozzarella + Fresh Tomatoes + Fresh Basil
- Marinara Sauce + Mozzarella + Sausage + Green Pepper + Dried Oregano
- Marinara Sauce + Mozarella + Pepperoni + Mushrooms
- Marinara Sauce + Mozarella + Black Olives + Green Peppers + Onions + Mushrooms
- BBQ Sauce + Gorgonzola + Shredded Chicken + Barbeque Sauce + Red Onions + Fresh Cilantro
And if you still don't think you want to make your own, head over to Visit Tri-Valley for a list of local restaurants offering takeout and delivery!