Fumé Blanc White Wine Pasta Sauce
If you’re ever looking for a stylish white wine that’s delicious year round, look no further than Fumé Blanc. This wine has all of the bright flavor of Sauvignon Blanc, yet with a more unctuous mouthfeel and playful vanilla accents. This refined wine offers a delicious pairing, especially alongside lighter meats like chicken and fish. For this recipe, we’re layering deliciously: wine with the food and wine in the food! Not only does our Fumé Blanc infuse this sauce with delicious flavor, it pairs perfectly!
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper fresh ground
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 pound preferred pasta
- ½ cup parsley for garnishing
- ½ cup parmesan fresh grated
- Prepare the pasta: bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil. Prepare noodles al dente and reserve pasta water.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, red pepper and sauté until golden, about one minute.
- Add salt, pepper, wine and butter to the pan.
- Stir for 2 minutes, remove from heat and toss with pasta, chicken, scallops or shrimp, adding reserved pasta water as needed to coat the noodles and protein.
- Garnish with parsley and fresh grated parmesan.
This recipe is a great weeknight staple and quite simply delicious. We hope you'll elevate it with your favorite white wines, especially a reliable choice like Fumé Blanc. Easy to enjoy and especially lovely on warm days, this wine is the crowd pleaser everyone should keep around!
Our Riserva Collection Fumé Blanc is on sale now as our Wine of the Month! If that's not enough, take a look at our Mixed Case sales, which offer curated collections of Red or White Wines at a huge discount.