Double-Chocolate Petite Sirah Cookies
If you’ve got a sweet tooth, then we’ve got the perfect recipe for you. This week, we’re baking decadent double-chocolate cookies to enjoy as a scrumptious food pairing. Our secret ingredient? Wine, of course! We’ve incorporated our award winning 2017 Riserva Petite Sirah into these fudgy masterpieces and the results are heavenly. This dessert pairs the classic couple: chocolate and wine, while adding the excitement of cookies and a flavor reminiscent of red velvet cake and chocolate covered cherries. We must warn that these cookies may be addictive and should be made frequently.
Double-Chocolate Riserva Cookies
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup Irish butter
- ½ cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup Rubino Estates Riserva Petite Sirah
- 12 oz Guittard semisweet chocolate chips
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda together. Set aside.
- In the workbowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed. Scrape down the sides to ensure the ingredients combine.
- With the mixer turned off, add the egg, vanilla, and Petite Sirah. Combine on medium low until a smooth consistency is reached. At this point, your dough should be purple.
- We recommend pausing for a moment and pouring a separate glass and taking a sip. It makes the process better.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture in two increments, mixing to combine after each addition.
- Once the flour is combined, add the chocolate chips. Mix until the chocolate chips are distributed.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375° F.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spaced at least 4 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating halfway through to ensure even baking.
- Once removed from the oven, allow the cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Serve fresh with the rest of your Petite Sirah! We don't want any wine going to waste, of course. These cookies are perfect anytime, not just with wine. Enjoy with your coffee in the morning or tea in the afternoon! They'll keep fresh in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
What's your favorite wine and dessert pairing? Let us know on social media @rubinoestates!