Dessert Wine & Chocolate Cake
During the month of February, we are celebrating the sweet romance of our Infinitum Dessert wine. A perfect combination of fruit and loving labor has produced this delicious port-style beauty. It’s ready to be enjoyed! As our only red dessert wine, the Infinitum brings dulcet delight to our wine selection. Wines like this can be a little trickier to pair with food because they are heavier and sweeter, but we have a splendid solution: chocolate. Rich dark chocolate desserts, specifically, offer a blissful combination. Below, we have included a recipe for one such dessert, a raspberry-topped flourless chocolate cake to the ultimate companion for the Infinitum.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup solidified coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk, almond, oat or coconut milk work
- Powdered sugar, for topping
- Fresh raspberries, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease an 8 inch cake pan or 8 inch springform pan.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until fully melted. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring in between until the chocolate has melted.
- Let chocolate cool slightly then add coconut sugar, salt and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Coconut sugar, salt and vanilla added to the melted chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Whisk in eggs.
- Gently add cocoa powder and stir to combine.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a greased or parchment-lined pan and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan. When removing the cake from the cake pan, loosen the edges with a butter knife and carefully turn it upside down onto a plate or serving platter. The bottom of the cake will now be the top of the cake! Let it cool completely before topping and serving.
- While the cake is cooling, make chocolate ganache by adding chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave using 30 second increments and stirring between each. It shouldn’t take more than 90 seconds or so. Once chocolate is melted, add milk to the bowl and stir until well combined. Pour chocolate over the cooled cake and spread to cover.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with fresh berries.
Recipe & recipe photo from by Brittany Mullins on Eating Bird Food
The addition of the fresh berries (strawberries are a great option too) allow the jammy notes of our Infinitum to shine, while the combination of bitter and sweetness of the chocolate amplifies the vibrance of the wine’s flavors and finish. It’s like a match made with cupid’s arrow!
If you’d like to enjoy our Inifinitum dessert wine yourself, it is on sale for the month of February!
Treat yourself to a bottle (or more!)